Congrats on a big win this weekend against Heritage Greens! It was supposed to be a close meet, but with your amazing races we won by over 50 points! As our season is quickly coming to an end, I’ll send a final reminder to sign up for our last meets TONIGHT at 10pm. This includes this Saturday’s meet at Homestead and prelim meets! As always, if you have any questions about what to swim feel free to contact me!
This week our swimmers of the week are: Ella Jayasanker and Chandler Moore. Both of these swimmers have put in extra hard work and they approach everyday with a positive attitude!
Our swimmers are finishing off the season strong, still giving it their all in practices, this week:
- 6&unders had days devoted to both freestyle and backstroke technique and endurance. They also practiced headfirst dives to prepare for the meet.
- 7-8s worked on backstroke and perfecting their technique as well as freestyle endurance focused swimming longer distances. They also worked on strong, fast finishes in preparation for our meet.
- 9-10s had days focused on both butterfly and backstroke technique. We also worked on not false starting on relays and individual races.
- 11-12s worked being aggressive in their races, as well as developing powerful and efficient strokes. They also continued to refine their starts and turns technique.
- 13-18’s worked on stroke technique along with turns and building endurance for the 200 I.M. We also practiced strong finishes and core strength through dryland workouts.
Don’t forget tonight’s Neptune night at yogurtland and tomorrow’s moonlight practice!!
Let me know if you have any questions!
And GO NEPTUNES!!